Laundry processing of textiles (linen and garments) is often reflected in a budget as "cents per pound". At first glance this may seem like an insignificant amount/cost, yet when multiplied by the millions of tons processed annually, improper use can quickly turn into a significant loss. The art of providing the right textile items to the relevant client/location and at the proper time is essential.
So how can one take control of textiles utilisation? – Linen Management System
HYGIvit utilises a complete RFID Linen Management solution – managing laundry operations from (1) production to administration, (2) inventory management and (3) customer service for today’s modern, sophisticated hotels, restaurants, healthcare, factories, etc. – being the first laundry in South Africa utilising RFID’s in flat linen (e.g. bed linen, table cloths, napkins, etc.)
What is RFID?
Radio-frequency identification (RFID) is the wireless use of ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELDS to transfer data, for the purposes of automatically identifying and tracking tags attached to objects. Each tag is allocated a unique serial number, and this enable one to provide a full audit trail per object for every movement recorded by a RFID management system.
HYGIvit's Linen Management solution consists of 2 modules:
1. Laundry Management
2. Site Management
The laundry management module gives HYGIvit as a laundry operator the ability to accurately receive, dispatch and record all other movements of linen/garment items. This included the wash count, number of re-washes as well as any repairs done and items condemned including the reason thereof. It also keeps record of other information, such as textile supplier and inception date of use.
The site module allows our customers to have full control of their inventory, with multiple location reporting including:
• Received from laundry
• Issued to housekeeper/employee, etc.
• Received dirty
• Sent to laundry
Sites which are linked to HYGIvit's laundry solution have the additional benefit of being able to electronically check and verify movement of items between the laundry and site.
SAVINGS AND EFFICIENCIES OF THE RFID LINEN MANAGEMENT SOLUTION:
• Accurate counting of laundry
• UHF RFID readers can count hundreds of items per minute.
• Tags are designed to last 200 washes.
• Tags can withstand up to 60 bar pressure.
• Reduction in loss and shrinkage
• 100% traceability of all items.
• Date last seen reporting.
• Improves labour efficiency
• Up to 50% labour saving through removal of manual recording systems.
• Reduces spending on new stock
• Improved stock management allows for inventory optimization.
• Sites become accountable for their onsite inventory resulting in optimal stock levels.
• Sub-quality items can be identified and supplier claims initiated.
• Saves money
• Less labour results in a lower wage bill.
• Managed inventory results in lower capital expenditure.
• Reduction in losses saves replenishment costs.
• Lower cost means higher profit.
• Automated health and safety reporting